Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saturday, June 27

Great dance day in Orlando today with Rachael McEnaney-White.  Learned "Do What You Do" (Intermediate dance), "Faded" (Intermediate dance from 2003), "Lean Way Back" (Beginner dance), "Making Me Feel" (Improver), and Mr. Put It Down (Intermediate/Advanced).  Kathy also learned "Riversoul" (Intermediate/Advanced) - which ended up being her favorite of the day.

IF I were teaching any new dances this week (which I am NOT), I would think about teaching "Making Me Feel" a 32-count, 3 wall, Improver Level dance to Laura Bell Bundy's "Making Me Feel".   Cute dance, not terribly difficult, only two restarts.  And I would think about teaching "Lean Way Back" - a 32 count, 4 wall, beginner dance to "High Time" by Kasey Musgraves.  One really, super easy tag and another dance to music recommended by Rachael's mom (that's where Caught In The Moonlight came from).  These would be my teaches for the Thursday group.

IF I were teaching any new dances to the Monday/Friday group (which I am NOT), I would think about teaching "Do What You Do", a 64 count, 2 wall intermediate dance to the music "That's What I Like" by Flo Rida featuring Fitz.  There's a funky tag done three times in this dance but the dance itself is not that difficult and was fun.  And I would think about teaching "Mr. Put It Down" which Rachael choreographed with Trevor Thorton (of Sugar Rush fame).  This is a 64 count, 2 wall, high intermediate/advanced dance to "Mr. Put It Down" by Ricky Martin featuring Pitbull.  Out of all the dances done today - this was probably my favorite.

I didn't take the teach on Riversoul, which, unfortunately, turned out being a really nice dance (Kathy's favorite for today).  This is a 64 count, High Intermediate/Advanced dance to the music "The River" by Jacksoul.  No tags, no restarts, and the music was recommended by DJ Louis St. George (who also recommended "The Other Side" for the choreographers to come up with WOW Hawaii).  But, I couldn't teach it right now even if I wanted to - I didn't take the teach on it.  So it'll have to wait.

The playlist for the open dance segments of today was an awesome undertaking - which we gave our best effort to.  Danced some of our new ones:  Make It Rain, Stonecold, Slam Goes The Door, I'm Ready; and danced a whole bunch of other dances like Jesse James, Washed In The Water, Rock & Roll King, Say Geronimo.  Was on the floor A LOT!

Just an all-around excellent day of dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment