Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 15, 2015

Today was my first real day of being able to practice since I don't know when!

And I spent the whole time working on two dances:  From The Other Side (Neville & Julie) to Adele's "Hello" and Tuesday Blues (Simon Ward) to Elton John's "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues".

From The Other Side is a 4-wall dance with three restarts and lots and lots of turning - which makes for some real directional challenges!

Tuesday Blues I learned in Tampa and felt pretty good about pulling it out again, first time since last weekend.  And bonus for me - Robi came to practice and has also been working on it so we were able to dance it pretty well.  Restarts and all!

Other Tampa dances that I really need to look at:  Round Your Finger and Levels.  There are others, as well, but those will be the most likely next two up.

I think I need to resort to leaving my dance book open on my porch and whenever I walk past it - look at a dance and give it a try,  There are just way too many out there that need review and practice!  So - I need to dance more.  I've got no problem with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment