Saturday, January 1, 2022

"NOT TAMPA" 2021

 FLORIDA LINE DANCE CLASS (NOT TAMPA) 2021


I just love having events to go to and am so happy that they are starting to return to my life!!!


Another excellent weekend by Jen Cameron & the JC Dance Productions team!


I didn’t make it down to the ballroom early enough to catch Trevor’s teach of “Let Me Do My Thang” so I’ll have to go learn that one myself (as I heard it was really cute!); however, I did make the survivor photo Thursday night… (usually the ballroom shuts down around 2ish on that first night… could it do that when I make the concerted effort to last until that photo? Oh no! It never shut down until just after 3:00am!!! But - I made it!!!) The playlist was incredible and we got a lot of dancing in!


Friday’s schedule had several offerings that I’d already had (which helped prompt the goal of staying up til the end Thursday night!) - Out Out, Oh So Easy, Cyber Samba, Do My Thing, One Cha, Best Day Ever, Cyber Drop. I took two excellent workshops - “I Don’t Know What You Heard” (Rebecca Lee) taught by Christopher Gonzalez and “SUDA (aka Sweat)” (Philip Sobrielo) taught by Rachael McEnaney-White.


Saturday was a little busier even though I’d already learned Out Like That, Raised Like That, Just Fly, As Good As It Gets, Drink Drank Drunk, Cold Sets In, Latin Fusion, Best Life, Mesmerized, and Stressed. I learned Amy’s “Take You For Granted”, Tim’s “Go Down”, Rachael & Joey’s “Stuck”, John Robinson & Kelly Cavellaro’s “Mississippi Countdown”, and Darren’s “Don’t You Hold Me Down”. Thanks to 7 Arrow Media I was able to watch Saturday night’s show from my room and then headed down for some dancing at 10pm.


Sunday, without having a football game to race home for, I was able to take John’s “Come Waste My Time” and Tim’s “Double Back”… and stay for some MORE DANCING! We did not, however, stay until the last square was removed.


I have to say I was thrilled with the playlist each night - it was so nice to see different dances hit the list each night instead of the same ones EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT! Yes, there was some repetition - and for a lot of those, they were new enough that they should be repeated  - but there was also different ones every night, which really makes it fun!!! Thanks, JP!


The Marriott was decorated in all its Christmas glory, the staff were great, my room was comfortable, the breakfast buffet always one of my favorites. 


Home again - needing to figure out in what order I’ll be teaching all these dances - and preparing for the next big one - Sunshine N Line Florida Dance Masters in February!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment